Accessing the Student Page
To access each Student Page, teachers should use the following steps:
- Sign into the JoeZoo App at joezooapp.com
- Click the “Classes” tab, located at the upper left of the top navigation bar
- Select a class tile, which will navigate to the Class Page
- Click the "Students" tab under the class name
- Click the "Improvements" button to the far right of a student's name
Located at the top of each Student Page are 2 tabs:
Student Page Dashboard
The Dashboard tab shows teachers auto-generated Improvement Tips based on the feedback they have given the student and whether the student has demonstrated any of the five 21st Century Learning Skills in their class.
JoeZoo auto-generates individualized Improvement Tips based on the feedback that teachers give to each student. These Improvement Tips can be accessed by students and teachers anywhere and at any time, and are automatically generated in both text and audio formats.
To access each Improvement Tip, a teacher can click on a record and it will open or they can click on the 'speaker' icon to listen to the prompt. Teachers will be able to see what the comment was, how many times it was given to each student, and how many spots their student will rise in the class if they avoid the issue in future assignments.
To make it easy to track Skills Progress, we have created five Skill Badges:
- Self-Editing - the skill of finding and fixing writing errors before handing in your coursework
- Initiative - the skill of making use of resources provided by teachers to better research a topic
- Feedback Engagement - the skill of fully reading or listening to each piece of feedback given by teachers
- Feedback Application - the skill of using teacher feedback to improve the quality of your assignment
- Peer Feedback - the skill of fully reading or listening to each piece of feedback given by fellow students
By default each Skill Badge is grey in colour. If a student has demonstrated a skill in a class, the Skill Badge will become coloured and there will be thumbnail image for each assignment in which they demonstrated that skill.
The more coloured skill badges, the stronger the student is for that particular skill.