Best Practices for Schoology Teachers
Once teachers have read through the User Guide for Schoology Teachers and are ready to start assessing student work with the JoeZoo App, they can follow the steps below to ensure a successful, time-saving assessment workflow.
Before the assessment of student work begins, there are three simple steps to complete. Teachers are recommended to use the following steps:
1. Create Assignment in Schoology
Create an assignment and select a scale or rubric in Schoology. Assignments along with their selected scale or rubric will be synced to JoeZoo. Assignments must have a scale/rubric selected in order to use the JoeZoo App for grading. For detailed steps on creating an assignment and selecting a scale/rubric, teachers can visit this resource.
2. Configure Assignment in JoeZooConfiguring assignments in JoeZoo allows teachers to set optional length goals for assignments, review a list of errors that JoeZoo will automatically assess for, add subject and grade specific feedback comments, and review the scale/rubric. For detailed steps on configuring an assignment in the JoeZoo App, teachers can visit this resource.
3. View Assignment Submission Statuses
Expanding the Submission List in JoeZoo allows teachers to sync submissions and see which students have submitted their work and which students require a reminder. Select a student submission to assess. For steps on how to review an assignment's status in the JoeZoo App, teachers can visit this resource.
Teachers who are ready to start assessing student work are recommended to use the following three steps:
1. Review Submission Insights and Peer-to-Peer Plagiarism in JoeZooTeachers are provided automatic feedback and actionable insights from JoeZoo once they navigate to the student's submission page. Teachers can save time with feedback and/or focus on higher order feedback. For detailed steps on how to access JoeZoo's insights, teachers can visit this resource.
2. Assess Submissions
Teachers can then add feedback comments of their own for as many rounds of submissions (versions) as they choose. Once teachers are done assessing, they can notify students, which will remind them to revise and re-submit their submission. For detailed steps on how to assess submissions while freeing assessment time, teachers can visit this resource
3. Grade SubmissionsFor the final submission, teachers can grade directly in JoeZoo, using the scale/rubric selected during the assignment creation step, and the grades will automatically sync to the Schoology Gradebook. For detailed steps on how to grade a submission using the JoeZoo App, teachers can visit this resource.
1. Re-Assess or Re-Grade Student Work
Teachers who have multiple assessment points throughout an assignment can easily re-assess student work using JoeZoo's assessment features. Multiple versions of a student's submission are available for teachers to review. For detailed steps on how to view different versions of an assignment, teachers can visit this resource. Teachers can review or re-grade a submission at any time within JoeZoo. The most up to date grade in the JoeZoo App will be the one that appears in the Schoology Gradebook. For detailed steps on how to review or edit grades in the JoeZoo App, teachers can visit this resource.
User Guide for Schoology Teachers
User: Schoology Teachers Introduction to Guide Welcome to the User Guide for Schoology Teachers. This user guide is designed to provide necessary setup instructions and helpful resources for teachers implementing the JoeZoo App in Schoology for their ...
Home Page for Schoology Teachers
User: Schoology Teachers Accessing the Home Page To access the JoeZoo App Home Page, teachers can use the following steps: In a web browser, log into your Schoology account Click “Courses” at the top left corner, then select a course Click "JoeZoo ...
Assignments for Schoology Teachers
User: Schoology Teachers Creating Assignments Teachers must have an assignment created in Schoology before using the JoeZoo App to assess student work. To create assignments on Schoology, teachers can refer to this Schoology resource. An assignment ...
Getting Help for Schoology Teachers
User: Schoology Teachers Accessing the JoeZoo Help Centre Teachers can access the JoeZoo Help Centre in the following ways: Direct Link In your web browser, go to support.joezooapp.com JoeZoo App Home Page In a web browser, log into your Schoology ...
Home Page for Schoology Administrators
User: Schoology Administrators Accessing the Home Page To access the JoeZoo App Home Page, administrators can use the following steps: In a web browser, log into your Schoology account Click the App Centre icon (four white squares) at the top ...