Best Practices for G Suite Teachers
Once teachers have read through the User Guide for G Suite Teachers and are now ready to start assessing with JoeZoo, they can follow the steps below that all JoeZoo Teachers use to ensure a successful, time-saving assessment journey.
Before AssessmentBefore the assessment of student work begins, there are four simple steps to complete. Teachers are recommended to use the following steps:
1. Create or Import RubricThis step allows teachers to follow the common backward design approach to planning and assessing by starting off with the end goal (learning goals and expectations) students are aiming to achieve by the end of a topic or unit. For detailed steps on creating or importing a rubric, teachers can visit this resource.
Teachers can spend just a bit of time ensuring the pre-loaded comment set is catered to their assessment needs, expectations, and the grade level or subject area they teach. Once the comment set is customized to suit a teacher's assessment needs, JoeZoo can automatically assess for these needs. This initial step will save teachers time in the long run throughout the school year and will only require minimal maintenance once the comment set has gone through this initial review. For detailed steps on Comment Sets in the JoeZoo App, teachers can visit this resource.
3. Create or Import Assignment Teachers who use Google Classroom can easily sync an assignment. Teachers who don’t use Google Classroom or choose not to connect it with JoeZoo can easily create an assignment on JoeZoo and link it to a Google Drive folder that will hold students’ assignments. For detailed steps on creating or importing an assignment, teachers can visit this resource.
4. Configure AssignmentTeachers must always configure an assignment before assessing. This will ensure the assessment process goes smoothly for both teachers and students. Configuring an assignment includes connecting a rubric to the assignment, adding length goals (if any), and many other assessment components JoeZoo can assess automatically, before teachers even open the assignment for the first time. For detailed steps on configuring an assignment, teachers can visit this resource.
1. Self-Assessment and Peer AssessmentTeachers can have students conduct self and peer assessment to build and improve their learning skills. Teachers who conduct formative assessment throughout students' progress can make students more accountable, while saving time once assignments reach a teacher.
2. Feedback Using JoeZoo Express
Teachers can open the JoeZoo Express Add-on within a student's Google Doc assignment. Teachers are provided feedback with actionable insights from JoeZoo Express. Teachers can review the feedback JoeZoo has gathered and input their own feedback. For detailed steps on giving feedback using JoeZoo Express, teachers can visit this resource.
3. Grade Using JoeZoo ExpressTeachers can grade each assignment using their selected rubric, which will be hosted in the JoeZoo Express Add-on. For detailed steps on how to grade using JoeZoo Express, teachers can visit this resource.
1. Re-Assess Student Work (optional)Teachers who have multiple assessment points throughout a student's assignment can easily re-assess student work using JoeZoo's assessment features. Multiple versions of a student's assignment are available for teachers to review within the JoeZoo web app.
2. Export Grades from JoeZooTeachers can review or edit an assignment's grade any time within JoeZoo. Once teachers are finished assessing student work, they can export grades from the JoeZoo web app into a Google Sheets file. For detailed steps on how to export grades, teachers can visit this resource.
User Guide for G Suite Teachers
User: G Suite Teachers Introduction to Guide Welcome to the User Guide for G Suite Teachers. This user guide is designed to provide necessary setup instructions and helpful resources for teachers implementing JoeZoo within their classrooms. Teachers ...
Feedback and Grading for G Suite Teachers
User: G Suite Teachers Feedback and Grading Using JoeZoo Express Add-on All of JoeZoo’s assessment tools for feedback and grading are located in the JoeZoo Express add-on. All of JoeZoo’s resource creating and progress tracking features are located ...
Class Page for G Suite Teachers
User: G Suite Teachers Accessing a Class Page To access a Class Page, teachers should use the following steps: Sign into the JoeZoo App at joezooapp.com Click the “Classes” tab, located at the upper left of the top navigation bar Select a class ...
Adding Domains for G Suite Administrators
User: G Suite Administrators Adding Domains If a school or district uses multiple Google Domains for teachers (e.g. teacherdomain.org) and/or students (e.g. studentdomain.org), administrators will need to add these additional domains on JoeZoo. ...
Assignments for G Suite Teachers
User: G Suite Teachers Creating Assignments Teachers must have classes in JoeZoo before creating an assignment. To add classes, teachers can refer to the User Guide for G Suite Teachers. If teachers have already synced Google Classroom or manually ...