User Guide for G Suite Teachers
Introduction to Guide
Welcome to the User Guide for G Suite Teachers. This user guide is designed to provide necessary setup instructions and helpful resources for teachers implementing JoeZoo within their classrooms. Teachers are recommended to start with this user guide, whether they have created their JoeZoo account or are just about to create it.
What is JoeZoo?
Teachers who would like to learn more about JoeZoo and the available packages can use this resource.
Teachers can use the following steps to create their JoeZoo Teacher Account:
- In a web browser, go to joezooapp.com
- Click “Sign In With Google” to register with the Google account you use for teaching
- Select “Teacher” as your account type
- Add your name and preferred salutation
- Input your complete school name (e.g. JoeZoo Junior Public School), country, and state/province
Teachers can manage the following details:
- Google Administrator
- Account Settings
- Support Resources
- Log Out
Teachers can access their Account Page on the JoeZoo App (not on JoeZoo Express) using the following steps:
- Sign into the JoeZoo App at joezooapp.com
- If you’re using JoeZoo Express, click “App” at the top right corner to navigate to the JoeZoo App
- Click the button with your first name, located at the far right of the top navigation bar
- Select the category you would like to view or edit
Adding and Editing Classes
Adding ClassesTeachers can add their class(es) in the JoeZoo App. Classes must be added first before students can be added. Teachers can access their Classes page in their JoeZoo web app using the following steps:
- In a web browser, go to joezooapp.com
- Click the “Classes” tab, located at the upper left of the top navigation bar
- Choose Option A or Option B below to add classes and students.
Option A: Sync Google Classroom
- Click “Sync Google Classroom”
- Click “Allow” to allow JoeZoo to access your Google Account
- All active classes (created by you), along with students, on Google Classroom will be synced to JoeZoo
Option B: Create Classes Manually
- Click “Add Class”
- Fill out the class name, grade/year level, and subject (these details will appear on the class tile on the “Classes” page)
- Once the class is created, click “Students”
- Click “Import Google Sheets” or “Import CSV” depending on where your class list is located
- Choose the appropriate class list
- Map the columns that have students’ first name, last name, and email
- Click “Import List” at the bottom of the page
- Any fields highlighted in red will need to be corrected
Adding Individual Students
- Once the class is created, click the “Students”
tab under the class name
- Under "Student Activations", add students by entering their email, first name, and last name
- Click the "Save" button (disk icon) to the right of the fields
If teachers manually created a class, they can edit the details by clicking the pencil icon under the class name or clicking the "Details" tab. Teachers can edit the following details for any class that was manually created:
- Class Name
- Grade/Year Level
JoeZoo Express Installation
If a Google Administrator has downloaded JoeZoo Express for teachers and students, teachers can use the following steps to open JoeZoo Express:
Teachers should request for JoeZoo Express to be automatically installed for the entire school or district by their Google Administrator. Administrators are the only user type that can install JoeZoo Express for multiple users at once.
- Open Google Docs and click open the “Add-ons” tab at the top
- Click on “JoeZoo Express” and then “Open JoeZoo Express”
Downloading JoeZoo Express
If teachers are unable to have the JoeZoo Express add-on installed by their Google Administrator, teachers can use the following steps to install JoeZoo Express:
- Open Google Docs and click open the Add-ons tab at the top
- Click on “Get add-ons”
- Once the Chrome Web Store opens, click onto the search icon (magnifying glass) and type in “JoeZoo Express”
- Click the "Install" button
- Allow Google to access the listed set of permissions
- Once JoeZoo Express opens on the right side of your Google Doc, complete the one-time set up
Teachers who want to learn more about the Class Dashboard in the JoeZoo web app and how it can be used to track students' progress can read this article. The Class Dashboard leads to both the Student Dashboard, which allows teachers to gain deeper insight for an individual student, and to the Class Details page allowing teachers to edit details for manually-added classes.
Teachers who want to learn more about Assignments in JoeZoo and why they must configure them before assessing can read this article.
Teachers who want to learn more about Rubrics in JoeZoo and how to create or import them can read this article.
Teachers who want to learn more about Comment Sets in JoeZoo and how to create and edit them can read this article.
Feedback and Grading
Teachers who want to learn more about Feedback and Grading in the JoeZoo Express Add-on can read this article.
Teachers who have read through JoeZoo's features and are now ready to assess student work can follow the recommended workflow in this article.
JoeZoo's Protection of Privacy and Data
User Guide for G Suite Students
Users: G Suite Students Introduction to Guide Welcome to the User Guide for G Suite Students. This user guide is designed to provide necessary setup instructions and helpful resources for students using JoeZoo in their class(es). Students are ...
Best Practices for G Suite Teachers
User: G Suite Teachers Recommended Workflow Once teachers have read through the User Guide for G Suite Teachers and are now ready to start assessing with JoeZoo, they can follow the steps below that all JoeZoo Teachers use to ensure a successful, ...
Class Page for G Suite Teachers
User: G Suite Teachers Accessing a Class Page To access a Class Page, teachers should use the following steps: Sign into the JoeZoo App at joezooapp.com Click the “Classes” tab, located at the upper left of the top navigation bar Select a class ...
Adding Domains for G Suite Administrators
User: G Suite Administrators Adding Domains If a school or district uses multiple Google Domains for teachers (e.g. teacherdomain.org) and/or students (e.g. studentdomain.org), administrators will need to add these additional domains on JoeZoo. ...
Assignments for G Suite Teachers
User: G Suite Teachers Creating Assignments Teachers must have classes in JoeZoo before creating an assignment. To add classes, teachers can refer to the User Guide for G Suite Teachers. If teachers have already synced Google Classroom or manually ...