In this article we explain what JoeZoo is, how it's integrated with Google and introduce its tools and features.
What is JoeZoo
It turns data - from assessments, teacher feedback and student usage of feedback - into automated improvement prompts to help students build 21st Century Skills
(also known as Essential Skills
or Global Competencies
), all while reducing teacher feedback and grading efforts by 80%.
G Suite for Education Integration
JoeZoo is seamlessly integrated with the following Google apps:
Google Docs - offering every tool to give feedback and grade without having to leave Google Docs
Google Sheets - offering an easy way for Google Administrators and teachers and easy way to import users in bulk
Google Drive - automatically exports assessment data to each teacher's Google Drive as formatted Google Sheets files
Google Classroom - imports and synchronizes classes, students and assignments to save teachers the effort
Google OUs - imports and synchronizes teachers from any Organizational Units selected by Google Administrators
It offers every feedback and grading tool that teachers and students need to save time and effort within G Suite for Education. All of these tools are included in our free Tools package.
Unlike Google apps, which are designed to create content, JoeZoo is designed to generate proof that students are using teacher feedback, and building the learning skills they'll need for life. We provide all those analytic features in our Insight package for teachers.
Doc Insights are features that provide teachers with important analytics to help them better assess student docs.
- Doc Length - JoeZoo analyzes and reports the number of words, sentences and paragraphs in a student doc and whether the student hit any length goals set by the teacher.
- Originality - JoeZoo analyzes all student docs in a class to see if students are copying, from whom and to what degree.
- Readability - JoeZoo analyzes each student's doc, compares it to state standards and reports whether the student's writing is above or below the Grade Level standard.
- Engagement - JoeZoo analyzes how many teacher comments each student engages, whether they apply its feedback and how much time they spend engaged in using that feedback.
Class Progress Insights
Progress Insights are features that help teachers to track learning progress for each student and each class.
- Class Comment Cloud - JoeZoo keeps track of all the feedback a teacher gives to their whole class and converts it to an interactive Word Cloud.
- Class Grade Charts - JoeZoo tracks the grades that all students get and provides interactive charts that make it easy for teachers to report class progress.
- Class Skills Charts - JoeZoo tracks the learning skill progress for each student and rolls them up to make it easy for teachers to report class progress.
JoeZoo Express Add-on
Teacher time and effort is valuable so we deliver our feedback and grading tools right inside Google Docs via our add-on, JoeZoo Express.
It can be installed manually by each teacher and student from our Chrome Web Store page
or it can be installed and updated automatically for entire school or district if a Google Administrator installs our app from our G Suite Marketplace page
Now teachers can assess a doc and students can engage rich feedback without ever leaving Google Docs.
JoeZoo is an independent web application that is located at JoeZooApp.com
that integrates with the most popular learning management apps in Education.
Here teachers can create, manage and share assessment resources - rubrics, comment sets and Monkey Checkers - and track class and student progress in visual dashboards.